Stanford Law School was the home of Professor John Merryman, a pioneer in the discipline of the law of the visual arts in the United States. Building on the legacy bequeathed by John Merryman, the Robert Crown Law Library is delighted to host an art law workshop as the pre-conference session of IALL’s 40th Annual Course.
Date: Sunday, October 9, 2022
Time: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Venue: Crown Law Building
Lunch will be provided.
The workshop will feature:
- Mei Li, Assistant General Counsel, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
Researching Art Law
- The Robert Crown Law Library reference librarians Grace Lo and Heather Joy will offer an in-depth introduction to national and international art law research, covering topics such as:
- case law and legislation;
- specialized secondary sources, treaties, and soft law resources;
- Interdisciplinary approaches and resources
Art Law Tour
Led by Carol Wilson, Special Collection librarian, and incorporating fascinating facts and stories about the art, campus buildings, and history of the law school.
Stanford Law School’s art collection, which includes pieces by Alexander Calder, Mary Heilmann, Willem de Kooning, Sono Osato, and Sol LeWitt.